Adult people 18 and over must show identification that is valid the airport checkpoint in order to travel.
- Driver’s licenses or any other state picture identification cards granted by Department of automobiles (or equivalent)
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- DHS trusted tourist cards (worldwide Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs given to dependents
- Permanent card that is resident
- Border crossing card
- State-issued Enhanced Driver’s License
- Federally respected, tribal-issued picture ID
- HSPD-12 PIV card
- International passport that is government-issued
- Canadian driver that is provincial permit or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
- Transportation worker recognition credential
- U.S. Citizenship write my essay and Immigration Solutions Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
- U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential
In coordination along with its DHS counterparts, TSA has identified appropriate identification that is alternate use within unique circumstances during the checkpoint.
A tool permit just isn’t a appropriate type of recognition. a driver that is temporary permit is certainly not a suitable kind of recognition.
Starting Oct. 1, 2020, it is REAL ID compliant if you plan to use your state-issued ID or license to fly within the U.S., make sure. If you’re maybe maybe perhaps not certain that your ID complies with REAL ID, consult your state dept. of automobiles.
TSA will not need young ones under 18 to give identification whenever traveling with a friend inside the united states of america. Contact the flight for questions regarding ID that is specific for tourists under 18.
Forgot Your ID?
In case you get to the airport without legitimate recognition, since it is lost or at home, you’ll nevertheless be allowed to travel. The TSA officer may request you to finish an identification verification procedure which include information that is collecting as the title, current address, along with other private information to verify your identification. In the event your identification is verified, you shall be permitted to go into the assessment checkpoint. You’ll be at the mercy of screening that is additional to incorporate a patdown and testing of carry-on property.
You won’t be permitted to enter the safety checkpoint should your identification may not be verified, you made a decision to maybe maybe maybe not offer appropriate recognition or you decrease to cooperate aided by the identification verification procedure.
TSA suggests that you get to minimum couple of hours prior to your trip time.
In the event your identification can’t be confirmed, you shall never be permitted to enter the testing checkpoint.